Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Glorious Month

My new studio was completed just before Christmas 2006 - what a Christmas present! For the past 15 years I've been quilting in the attic of our 2 bedroom bungalow in LaGrange. In June 2006 we contracted with Greckowski to demo our attic and put on a true second floor. The result is a fabulous, big space that is 25" x 25" plus a bathroom and a walk-in closet. We are still finishing with the painting and organizational touches. See the pictures at moquilt.com in the Gallery.

You know from the previous post that my dear college buddy died mid-December after an 18-month battle with lung cancer. All the sewing I've done since then, both commissions and projects of choice, include thoughts of Dodie - it's how I grieve. Today I finished a quilt for her daughter Virginia who is moving into an apartment in Chicago.

Despite my grief, I am glorying in my workspace. After months of sewing in a temporary studio down the street (thanks to Ana and Miguel and their daughter Cristina), I love sewing in my own house again. I love sewing as I watch the sun rise. I love sewing in my pajammas. I love my windows. I love my solar tubes. I love my studio.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heya! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 3gs!

Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts!
Carry on the excellent work!

my web site; downloadicus.com