Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Quilt for Myrtle Beach

Mani's quilt is complete. It's very simple in design but has more quilting than I normally put in a quilt. I'll give it to her on Dodie's 58th birthday, July 13, which is the day of of her ash-letting-go ceremony. Virginia has her quilt. I haven't made a quilt for Paul, Mani's brother and Virginia's twin. Someday... Making this quilt has been peaceful. Sad but peaceful. I think that's what the week at the beach will be - sad but peaceful. It was almost a year ago when Dodie and I did her "important" work, writing down what she wanted to have happen after her death. Scattering the ashes at the Turner House on Pawley's Island was part of the plan. I didn't get it at the time, but I get it now: this was her way of getting us all together to celebrate her life - and death.

No comments: