Friday, June 29, 2007

The Reversible Model #1

I love what I am doing in the Studio, but I think I need to be doing some teaching as well. The Lawndale Ladies are fun and rewarding, but it's not enough. So I am going to see if I can teach the reversible technique at quiltfabric.com in Willowbrook and SusanMarie's at 135th and Ridgeland. There must be a model to hang in each store as an example of the technique. I did recently complete one in those lovely greys and ethnic fabrics, but it's bigger than what I propose to teach. So I stole the combination of batik fabrics that Cristina used for her aunt's Barcelona quilt on one side and the other side has fabrics that all have gold in them. The result is stunning. Now I need to make a second one, and I think it will have to copy this one. I'm learning so much by doing this technique again and again and am eager to teach it.

Cristina left for Barcelona earlier this week. Before she left she came over with an envelope. It was $100 gift certificate from quiltfabric.com from the entire family. Woo Hoo! I know I'll spend it all on more batiks. I am already missing Cristina - can't imagine what her parents are feeling.

No comments: