Sunday, September 16, 2007

Here's What I Learned at Camp!

The Quilting Expo in Madison, Wisconsin, was so much fun. Neighbor/sewing partner Susan and I immersed ourselves totally in the culture of the convention, attending lectures, participating in hands-on workshops,listening to the "keynote" speakers, and supporting the vendors at the show.

This convergence piece is from one of my workshops. "Converge" means to mix and remix fabric. In this case it was a piece of hand-dyed fabric. The woman who shared my table and I swapped quarter-pieces of our hand-dyes. That's why there's a bit of green in mine. This morning I finished the top and am auditioning borders - this is a tricky piece. And I'm hoping to machine-quilt it without using any straight lines. We'll see...

1 comment:

Doug said...

ahhhh camp...

Short sheeting people, hand in warm water...

Sounded like a good time!