Sunday, August 24, 2008

Jen and Tim's Wedding Quilt















Jen and Tim's Reversible Wedding Quilt is completed. The photographing is over, and now it's just a matter of figuring out the presentation of the quilt (box vs. basket). I have loved every step of this quilt from when I first asked Jen what she wanted, working with her color and design choices, meeting Tim and seeing who exactly is this Jen-worthy person and reassuring him that I wasn't going to do something girly, and gathering fabrics for both sides of the quilt all the way to the actual quilting and construction.

Some quilting detail is below. The construction of the quilt allowed me to quilt each 8" square individually before the assembly. I also used a feature from my sewing machine that allows me to embroider some words. Unfortunately, where I chose to do this is more readable from the reverse side than from the front. For left handers, reading mirror images isn't a problem. Hope the newlyweds will be able to find their names, the date of the wedding, and my quilt signature! 96" x 112"



No comments: