Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Changing the Binding

 
This piece was originally made for our front hallway, which is dark and wood-paneled. The name of this piece is "Rays of Light" and it's quilted with gold thread. It's a scrap quilt that was paper-pieced onto newspaper. It was an interesting technique to try. My goal was to bring some additional light into this dark room. To frame the piece I used a tea-stained muslin.

Well, that was years ago, and we have moved old pieces to make room for new pieces in the hall, like John's Jazz T-Shirt Wall hanging ( see February 22, 2008) and an art piece I made from bits of niece Leslie's high school graduation (see March 23, 2007).

"Rays of Light" is now hanging in our living room, which has light walls. After cutting off the old light binding and sewing on a black binding, I think this piece looks like it belongs in our living room now.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI DONNA, THIS IS JACKIE, FROM LAWNDALE. I LOVE THE NEW LOOK TO YOUR WEBSITE. I GOT AN EMAIL FROM IQA ABOUT THE APRIL QUILT SHOW. THEY WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE WANT TO EXHIBIT OR OFFER QUILTS FOR SALE. IF YOU WANT DETAILS SEND ME AN EMAIL. HAPPY NEW YEAR.