Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Get Well Wishes


 
My Quilt Buddy Wayne is in the hospital and has been uncomfortable. In addition to any physical discomfort, I know there's a mental discomfort going on: wanting to get back to quilting but not yet ready to resume a normal schedule. Wayne, maybe you can use this time to do some priortizing and designing so that when you do get back home and feel like it, you'll be able to attack your next project (the silks from Thailand?). While I was in India, Wayne and his mother-in-law Pauline went shopping for jacket fabrics for the MorninGlory Town and Country pattern. Yesterday I did the back of the jacket as shown here. Click on the picture to see some of the detail. The front pieces are just about done. Which then leaves the sleeves, which are great fun to do. Long-time dear friend Midge is coming over Friday to help me with the collar. I may be a more prolific quilter than Midge, but she is a far-better seamstress and detail person than I, and I will be very happy for her help.

I love this jacket pattern and this combination of fabrics. Thank you, Wayne, for helping me ease my way into sewing after jet-lag. This project has been perfect. And as long as I'm sending get-well wishes, let me include my husband John, whose series of nosebleeds put us in the ER 3 days ago. Our systems were ravaged by the dry air pollution in India and Nepal as well as time in planes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: