Saturday, April 25, 2009

Organizational Demonstration


As evidenced by some of the blog entries in March, I have really been enjoying working on quilted jackets. My sister-in-law Terry - she of the Quilting Injury Hall of Fame - bought the fabrics to begin her jacket. As a way to get started, I've decided to make this little photo organizational tool. Even though the pattern directions are very clear and I took this class from the Morninglory pattern designers, I think this picture is useful. These fabrics are for Wayne's wife Wendy's jacket - they chose these fabrics, and it's obvious that they understand the concept of contrast, which is essential for this pattern. There are 7 fabrics. The left column is for the front, the middle for the back, and the right for sleeves and collar. Can't wait to see how this jacket will turn out!

No comments: