Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Purse #2


This one's complete, and I'm pretty thrilled with how it turned out. A huge thanks to Cecilia - I showed her this purse in progress and she pointed out the straps weren't right. Luckily, the straps were at a point where they were able to be corrected. There's a kind of personal dyslexia that sets in with things like straps and zippers. Although this purse went better than the first, there was still an issue with pocket facing, and I think I know what it is. Purse #3 will be the evidence.

But before I start another purse, I have to put the studio right - there are threads, scraps, and piles all over. Considering the space and storage I have, there's no excuse. While I'm doing this

cleaning/organizing, I'm preparing for my next quilt, using the big whole cloth piece from India. It will provide the backing for a front that is still in my head. What I do know is that the front will use scraps from 3 color families - red/orange/yellow, violets/purples/fuscia, and teals/green/blues. Most of the scraps will be batik, which is a great contrast to the muslin-type fabric of the whole cloth. Those terrific colors we saw in India - so beautiful, so vivid.

There are 2 zippered compartments in this purse. Towards the left is the smaller pocket. To the right there is a large pocket that goes to the bottom on the purse. I did find a magnetic closure for the strap that crosses the purse. Very clever. Very inexpensive. And I have FIVE more of these magnetic closures!

No comments: