Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Purse 7 and 8


If you're thinking, "So? More purses," you're right. But there are a couple of differences with these two. First, I used for the first time a fusible batting/interfacing. It combines 2 steps into one, so for time alone I like this product. And it feels right. The second difference is that the inner bigger pocket has been moved up 1.5". And I think this is a good move (although I moved it up a bit too much on #8. Lesson learned). I can't believe I'm about to write this: I need to play with Purses 6 and 7 and see if the 2 aforementioned differences are worth institutionalizing.

Here is the big lesson I've learned from purses 6, 7, and 8. And it's a lesson in design. I don't care for the light-colored purse 6. The darker colors are more striking. And with 7 and 8, the same fabrics are used but reversed. I prefer the purse sides, handles, and tab in an accent fabric with the front and back of the purse being a plainer and darker fabric.

2 comments:

Jen said...

hey there, is that tim and jen wedding quilt fabric i spy?

Jen said...

oh wait, i just looked at the enlarged picture and was proven wrong. nevermind:)