Monday, June 22, 2009

Three New Bags

I know my stash is too big. So I have begun to take out fabrics that are at least 15 years old. If I haven't used them in a quilt by now, then I'm probably not going to use them in a quilt at this point. So I've begun to experiment. The bag on the left is too large for groceries or anything of weight. It is perfect for pillows or quilts. In fact, I loaded it up with a couple of bags that I have made along with 2 baby quilts for my No Guilt Art Quilt Group which met this morning. It has outside pockets that will hold a manilla folder or a notebook. The middle bag is an unlined MORS bag - I think it's perfect for carrying in a purse or a car. I want to do more unlined ones. The bag on the right is lined BUT the bottom is boxed. I followed the design of the canvas grocery bags that we've had for over 10 years now. It's a perfect bag for carrying heavier groceries. The handles are sturdy.

No comments: