Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Natalie Rocks!


Grandchildren Natalie and Brandon did their first quilt workshop with me. Their projects involved quilting 9" blocks. Natalie chose greens for one side and yellow/golds for the other. Natalie did all the quilting - I just assembled her 48 blocks reversible-style. While I was doing that, Natalie pieced a sample quilt top, quilted it, and then finished the edges with a zigzag stitch. These past three days involved some invaluable skills: ironing, handling a sewing machine, and
sorting/folding fabrics. I'm proud of both of the kids (Brandon will have his own post once his quilt is finished).











Natalie's going to be a 4th grader. I think an experienced quilter would be proud of this quilt. And to think that this is her first quilt. Natalie does indeed rock!

3 comments:

rachel said...

I need to know this reversible thing!

wsrhodes said...

Sounds like great fun and great memories for all!

Doug said...

Very cool...