Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Quilt Studio Graduation


Cristina finished her quilt today - this was one she began last summer. Today we figured out why it took almost a year to complete: she didn't need it. Now, as she heads to the University of Iowa, she actually needs it! I love this Amish "Sunshine and Shadow" design, also called "Trip Around the World." Cris's choice of fabrics are impeccable - this quilt has movement and is light and airy. Click on the picture to see the fabrics.

Check out my June 22, 2007 blog entry - it details the history of our friendship. I'm sure I'll always be in touch with her, but I think we both realized today that the completion of this quilt marks a definite end to a nice period in our lives. She will be formally studying art and will be a force to be reckoned with!

No comments: