Thursday, October 8, 2009

Let the Celebrating End!

It's been a full week of celebrating, starting with John turning 70 Monday and ending with my 60th birthday today. Sewing has been on the back burner. I did get out this piece I did in a "Convergence" quilt class in Madison, WI, almost 2 years ago to begin quilting it. So far the quilting is a mixture of straight lines with a walking foot and free motion work. Click on the picture for some of the details. I think I will stipple the borders - great way to practice free-motion work. Because I didn't choose these fabrics and probably won't hang this piece, I feel free to take some risks and try some thread work.

It's nice to have birthdays, but it's also nice to have them over with and get back to normal!

2 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Happy double Birthdays.

But I have to disagree about your piece ... I LOVE it. If you're not married to it hey I'll take it off your hands (perfect for my house). OR a giveaway.

Congrats on the 70th and 60th.

Josie Ray said...

H a p p y B i r t h d a y T o Y o u !

(I don't know how to do anything fancier than that in comment html...)

A very nice birthday week photo. I wish you both many years of joy and may you pursue your interests in excellent health.

Josie Ray
Appalachian Dream