Sunday, December 13, 2009

Time to Reflect

 Now that I'm in the recuperative part of the total right knee replacement, I know I won't be getting up to the studio for 10 - 14 days or so. Since I can't quilt, this break gives me an opportunity to plan the projects I really want to do in the next few months and then priortize these projects. The first two are both pieces of wall art, a bright tumbling blocks with a back background for Kim and Tim Gibbons wedding and a Mariner's Compass in teals, blues, and purples for Janet Sylkaitis's 60th birthday. Of course more quilted totes. I mean, of course! There is a pile of fabrics that I want to use for Mors bags. And then there are projects like the one pictured here (courtesy of quiltfabric.com). I like the drama of the on-point setting as well as the color range. Perhaps this down time won't be so bad after all!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Josie Ray said...

You doing okay?

Donna said...

Thanks for asking - I actually am doing very well. So much of the credit goes to my husband - food, laundry, help with the physical therapy, the filling of the ice recirculator and the list goes on. The stairs to the studio are in my sight! Normally John and I are givers, and we are just telling people we're the needy ones this season. And everyone is being very very supportive. How are you doing without your NIC card? Is Santa getting you a new one?

Arathi Prakash said...

Hope you recover soon Donna!

Josie Ray said...

So glad to hear that you're doing well, and have such support! And maybe it's good to be the recipient of care, occasionally.

Sometimes one has to take matters into one's own hands: I couldn't count on Santa...earlier this week I broke down, ordered a network adapter, and had it overnighted...desperation! :-)