Saturday, December 26, 2009

A White Christmas

 Courtesy of my brother Doug, here are most of the Whites at Mom and Dad's - Autumn Green, 67th and Cicero, in Chicago. Missing from this picture are niece Jennifer (in Florida with her husband), niece Candace (in the bathroom), and grand-niece Elle (sleeping). Brother Al made Skyline Chili, sister Paula brought a sandwich platter, brother Doug had various goodies, John brought all the fixin's for the chili, and Mom and Dad provided the pies. Lovely day - a luxury to be with family. We are blessed. On a negative note, the Vicodin I'm taking for knee pain and rehab seems to heighten the senses, especially hearing. My dad's accordion music is lovely, but my brother took this shot when I had obviously had enough. On a positive note, I've been up in my studio a couple of times. While doing the stairs is manageable, using the foot pedal of the sewing machine isn't - just yet.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Josie Ray said...

Donna, in this one minute pause between one in-home festivity and another, let me wish you and yours a very joyful 2010!

I am SO behind on cyber-visiting due to the holidays, but look forward, greatly, to browsing at my leisure in January!

It has been a pleasure getting to know you a bit through your blog in 2009! And...you look great in purple, even with your eyes rolling up in your head! :-) Great shot! :-)

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read the article. Thank author for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!