Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Variations on a Theme


Sewn bags are hot. There are tons of patterns. Buddy Marjorie Hughes gave me this pattern for quilted bags using fat quarters. I'm not sure where this set of fabrics came from. I know they are a bit Christmassy and wintery. But it is still January, right? The red pockets, red handles, and stitching in red thread are good complements to these fabrics.

But remember that my fascination for bags began with Wayne's gift to me of a Mors bag as well as an introduction to the Mors Bags website. There is a free pattern there as well as tracking of people who have established "pods" at morsbags.com. Wayne is now over 100 bags, and I am catching up with him.

We just discovered our bed sheet has worn away in one area. After it's washed, I think I'll cut the remaining good parts into linings for Mors bags. Reduce, reuse, recycle!

1 comment:

Josie Ray said...

Sewn bags are hot, indeed. We see them in every store, practically. I think it all began with Vera Bradley..?..

Anyway, the Christmas look--I agree--holds good until about Valentine's Day!

It's good to see you back at your passion.