Wednesday, June 16, 2010

High School Graduation + Football Jerseys = One Terrific Quilt


During my first knee replacement I met Nurse Meg Fredian, the busy mom of four kids. Her oldest has played on the Nazareth Academy Football Team for four years. In February Meg gave me all of Alan's jerseys and told me that Nazareth's colors are navy and white.

Normally I work with t-shirts and a 12.5" x 12.5" template. But these jerseys had to be cut a lot bigger. Each is 20" x 20" and has been stabilized with a fusible webbing. This quilt has a navy background and has a very light batting. The quilting is very simple. The result is this very usable and washable quilt that holds all of Alan Friedian's football memories. 65" 90"

1 comment:

Josie Ray said...

Hi. I posted a comment down under your blue bedroom post.