Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Family Reunion and a Visit with Friends

We're heading to Stevens Point, Wisconsin, for the weekend. It's the Moscinski family reunion. John's grandfather was one of five brothers who immigrated to the US in the 1890's. Four of those brothers settled in central Wisconsin, and John's grandfather opened a bakery in Chicago. All of our kids and grandkids are going - so is John's sister. It'll be interesting and fun. We're driving home via Minneapolis and visiting with former neighbor Michelle Mushel whose 15-month old Camille we've yet to meet. I've made Michelle and her husband Ryan Mors bags, and baby Camille gets her own bag. Why didn't I make bags for the Moscinski's? There will be over 200 of them!

I solved my dilemma in the previous post. At quiltfabric.com I found the perfect fabric that wasn't too dark, wasn't too light, wasn't too blue, and wasn't too green. I feel like Goldilocks of the Quilt Set...

3 comments:

Josie Ray said...

A stroke of genius, rather :-), to use the same background for both quilts, yet they're each distinctive. I didn't care as much for the light-colored background on the Day quilt, either. Day lacked the richness and depth of Night. You've fixed Day!

Josie Ray said...

p.s. Pretty cool to have a bakery in one's past. I'd love to have one in my present! I mean, I think it would be a hoot to work in one...one of my dream jobs. Is his grandfather's bakery still in business?

Donna said...

The bakery is long gone - captured only in pictures from 80 years ago.

A bakery too would have been a dream - and I'm sure a downfall. I love to bake. I love to decorate food. I try to keep out of the kitchen. And woe to me if I have eggs AND flour AND butter on hand!