Saturday, September 11, 2010

Using Fabric Mishaps

I love this fabric.  Of course I would.  It's a batik.  One of the things I love about batiks is how the colors melt into one another.  But every once in a while my Internet purchases are just wrong.  This grey/grape/purple batik has yet to work itself into any quilt, and I don't think it ever will.  So I made 4 Mors bags of the fabric.  Because batiks are so tightly woven, I didn't even line these.  All 4 are going into the trunk of my car.  I can't believe how many bags I've made and how many times I've been without a bag - a discovery I always make after I've shopped.

This last bag is made from a Jinny Beyer border fabric that I bought on sale years ago, seriously maybe 15 years ago.  This is the last of it although I've never used this one in a quilt either.  The lining fabric is nice but so far away from the batik look that I love so much.  This deep boxed bag will just sit in the studio, waiting for its owner to be identified.

Also I've started working on a new wall hanging for our living room but am not ready to talk about it just yet.  And there's a new series of grief projects that I started today.  Predictably, I'm sad.  It's fitting for the tone of today, 9/11.