Saturday, November 27, 2010

Today's Letter is P!

This holiday weekend has been so nicely productive. Today I worked on two purses and a pillow. The purses are ones I started Thanksgiving morning (note to self: not entertaining is a good thing!), did the handwork last night, and finished up today with velcro and magnetic closures.  The one of the left is a 90th present for Aunt Marge.  The middle envelope pocket has a couple of cards and a pen/flashlight - she's always been one to write notes.

The pillow is made from the cuffs of Bradley's shirts.  I had to do some quilting to keep the layers of cuffs in place and to try to make the best display of some lovely pearlized snaps.  The design is loosely based on the Courthouse Steps variation of the Log Cabin.  18" x 18"

4 comments:

Josie Ray said...

Hey, I love that cuff pillow...its loose geometrics and its glow. It has kind of a high-tech, cool-light luminosity. Great work! Turkey does good things for you. :-)

Josie Ray said...

p.s. That the purses are lovely goes without saying. I especially like that rust/burgundy ferny/peacock feather fabric.

Kari Kristine said...

Chris and Brad are my cousin's, and my Mother LOVES her pillow. It is beautiful, awesome idea of useing Bradley's cuffs from his shirts

Donna said...

Kari, I'm so glad to hear from you. Thanks for letting me know that the pillow was a hit. I did tell Chris that as I was making the pillow, I knew if he didn't like it (as if!), I would have been happy to keep it!