Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Gifts

These pillows for John's sister Chris are finished.  These are both 24" by 24" and will be part of the window seat in her dining room.  Chris uses color the way I use black t-shirts.  So it's always fun to work on something for her because her color sense is so different from mine.


This iron is a Christmas gift for the studio, and I am pretty excited about this.  It's the Rowenta Steamium and kind of futuristic-looking, isn't it?  I've had two other Rowenta's, each lasting for over 10 years.  Considering that an iron is something I use as often as and in conjunction with my sewing machines, I'm happy with their lifespans. 

The heat control of this older iron has come off - broken plastic parts - so that this iron now has one temperature: HOT!  Also check out the number of steam holes on this new iron. There's supposed to be 400!

In the true spirit of the season, I won't use my new iron until December 26!

4 comments:

Josie Ray said...

A merry Christmas to you!

Josie Ray said...

p.s. I'm loving those citrus colors in my blogroll, set against the dark, brooding mountains, so please don't post anything else for a while. (Just kidding about that last part....)

Josie Ray said...

yo. me again. :-)

Vermont Country Store sells an iron with NO steam-holes, and they say it's for people like quilters. And you, the quiltingest person I know, has 400 holes on your iron. Go figure.

Donna said...

A couple of months ago I had a chance to hear quilt partners Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle do a lecture trunk show. And the most interesting part was hearing what basic issues they differ on. Wayne and I are like this with irons. He irons dry and uses a spray bottle and doesn't like Rowentas. Me? Just the opposite.

And I lied about waiting until after Christmas to use Mr. New Iron - I had him going on the 24th!