Friday, December 31, 2010

iPad Bag - one more - and an In Situ

The one problem with having my bathroom and closet upstairs with my studio is this:  I go up to take a shower and get ready to go out, but then I get distracted.  I see a piece of fabric I need to use - or there's just one more step I want to do on a current project - or there's one spool of thread I need to put away - and then there's a photo I've clipped for inspiration - and then there's a piece of fabric I need to put away - but then I find another piece of fabric I want to use - and then John's asking if I'm ready to go.  And I'm all like "What?? Go where?"  Then I'll take a shower, but before I dry my hair I think, "Maybe I'll just put the binding on" and start to sew.  You get the point.  This bag on the left really is the final project of 2010.  I love it.  Even though I don't necessarily plan on taking my iPad anywhere, it's still a convenient way to keep the iPad and its cords together in one spot. 
While I was sewing today, John began to dismantle the Christmas decorations and did take down the Christmas wall hanging.  Here's Moonscapes doing what I intended:  making the new living room chair upholstery look like it belongs in the living room!

Ok, this time I'm really going up to shower and get ready to go out.  We're heading to Greek Islands in Lombard with the Hickses and the Seidelmans.  Nice!

No comments: