Monday, January 31, 2011

Casserole Carrier - Quilted, of course


Underneath the spoon and the ties is a 9" x 13" pan.  I saw this pattern a few months ago and finally ordered it, thinking how easy it would be to make and what a great gift it could be.  After spending the morning making this, here's what I've discovered.

1.  It is a nifty idea.
2.  It would make a great gift.
3.  This pattern isn't difficult, but it is time-consuming.
4.  This gift is not a casual one considering the time invested, the cost of the fabrics, and the cost of the pan and the spoon.

This carrier is made from two quilted rectangles, one of which is 10" x 34" and the other is 18" x 34".   Both of these rectangles must be bound. There are also two ties, 1" x 40".

The narrow end flaps are folded over the pan.  Then the two sides are folded over than and tied.





The wooden spoon becomes the handle for this tidy little package.  See the top picture for the finished bundle.

I think I will make a couple of these, but I won't crank these out in great numbers.  Now that I've made one, I think the second one will be sent to my cousin Jerry White in Kansas - he's the woodworker and perhaps I can get some spoons in exchange for a carrier. 

But tomorrow?  Back to purses...

2 comments:

Carol G said...

I love it! What a neat idea to have the spool as the handle.

Karen said...

...these would be great for a wedding shower gift....of course the receiver would need to be one who appreciates quilting ;)