Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Kwaheri!


My bags are packed. Well, actually they aren't. Just yet. My 60" x 80" zone is no longer a reference for a queen-size bed. It is now the "what goes into the suitcase" zone. We leave for Kenya on Friday and will be gone two weeks. T-shirts, long-sleeved shirts, convertible pants, multi-purpose vest, a pair of shorts, a swim suit, pj's - that's it. I still have another day to refine this pile. But the studio is closed and now a staging area for packing.

Kwaheri! That's "goodbye" in Swahili, which besides English is the official language of Kenya. I'll be back the end of this month!

3 comments:

quiltalina said...

Hope you are going to post about your adventures in Kenya so I can be a virtual traveler!
quiltfever.wordpress.com

Donna said...

My sister gave me a book about African textiles, and I'm definitely hoping to come home with fabrics that are distinctly East African. And then I can't wait to see what I will do with them!

quiltalina said...

When do you get home--so I'll know when to look for the photos of your stash addition!