Tuesday, February 1, 2011

For a Snowy Day

At the Jinny Beyer website I found this pattern and fabric kits in 2 colorways. I gave buddy Midge one of the kits, and I gave myself the other; we shared the pattern and directions. And today we got started.

One of the reasons I like doing quilts and wall art is because they are flat. Patterns, like this one, are a bit scary, because these projects are actually three-dimensional.
Here's what this bag looked like at 9 this morning. Bag front, back, vent, pockets, straps, lining bits, facing, fusible fleece, and five pages of directions.

Lucky for me, Midge is a direction reader.  She was one step ahead of me all day long, which is just fine with me. I think perhaps we are one-third of the way done. And being snowed in tomorrow will be a great time to continue working on this
Here's where I am now.  Tomorrow I'll work on the lining, assuming I can read and follow directions without Midge.  This blizzard has us all snowed in!

2 comments:

Anna said...

that pattern looks really nice and your fabric is beautiful! can't wait to see it finished:D

Carol G said...

Beautiful fabric. Look forward to the finish. I also hate reading directions. Usually save that for after I've tried the learn by doing method.