Saturday, March 19, 2011

Deadlines


Some of my deadline are client-driven. But many of them are self-imposed. This Jinny Beyer table runner was something I wanted to have finished by Wednesday, but life intervened when my mom was hospitalized for two days. So now, thanks to the onset of a cold and skipping a workout, this table runner is now on our dining room table and I can move on to the red scrap project I started at the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild retreat. And the new purse kit that just came. And the Drunkard's Path I started at the retreat. And the pile of batiks that are just begging to be used. And - well, you get the idea. And if it's March, that means June graduations are not far behind. There are 3 t-shirt/jersey quilts in the works which have real deadlines.

The final deadline for Christopher - his quilt from Bradley's shirts - has been met, and he's coming over tomorrow to pick it up. I'll be sad to say goodbye to Chris - he's been great to work for. He's a great guy who has been instrumental in helping himself and his family grieve Bradley's death.

2 comments:

Carol G said...

I think we should start making goal suggestions rather than deadlines! Your table runner doesn't look late to me :-) It looks great. Hope your cold is a short one.

Cslegrand said...

Wow...that looks amazing!!! Those colors are beautiful.