Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Should vs. Want vs. Did

Today was one of those rare days where I could work uninterrupted in the studio - no workout,no parent visit, no appointments, no cooking. I know that I should have gotten busy on adding the borders to Christopher's quilt. But what I really wanted to do was quilt this table runner:
However, John made one of his rare quilting requests. He asked that I begin work on the wall hanging of the two Kenya t-shirts and Kenyan flag. So I got busy on that. And it turned out to be exactly what I wanted to do.

I might have even gotten this quilted and bound except Midge, my direction reader, had some time to work on the hobo bags we started, the same one I'm stuck on.  So we spent a couple of hours finishing them. I need to carry this for a couple of day before I figure out where and if I want a snap closure and whether the handle/strap needs any adjustment.  The one thing I know about this purse is that I again have loved using Soft and Stable by byannie.com as the purse lining.


This evening I'll continue work binding one of Ebony's quilts, something I happily volunteered to do in exchange for the work she did on Cristina's quilt. 

Some days don't have enough hours in them.  Today is one of those days.  And in the back of my mind all day has been what I want to work on this weekend at the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild retreat in Racine.   I still don't know - what a lovely "problem" to have!

3 comments:

LoveBug Studios said...

Oh Donna, you are so very good to me! Thank you so much for taking that one off my hands, I don't know when I'd get around to finishing it and this was the perfect solution.

Thank you so very much also for the sweet card & gift - I love that the card is Gee's Bend and I'm planning to frame it for my sewing space.

See you Friday!

:)

Carol G said...

The T-shrit quilt came out great. I can't remember if those are also the fabrics you got in Africa but they are perfect. And glad you powered through and finished the bag. It is so nice. I like your idea of carrying it before adding a closure snap.

Kathleen said...

Is that your binding on an empty TP roll? Great idea!