Thursday, March 24, 2011

Two Baby Quilts at Once


Despite the hockey jerseys being ready to go, I've got a couple of baby quilts I have to get out of my system.  The baby quilt blocks we did at the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild retreat were so quick and energizing that I've decided to do the same pattern.  Here are the four fabrics cut into 2.5" strips.  After some intense strip sewing and ironing, here's the effect I'm going for on the finished projects.




One of these is going to my friend Cathy's fifth grandchild, who has another few months of incubating to go.  The second quilt will be a charity quilt that will go to Japan.  Interested?  Here's the link through the equilter website.  Thank you, blogger friend Carol G, for planting this idea! 

The quilt for Cathy's 4th grandchild incorporated some of these same fabrics! 





1 comment:

Carol G said...

Very nice, and thanks for the link to my charity quilt post.