Sunday, April 3, 2011

Baby Quilt - in process




These fabrics are quite a departure for me. So is this design. It's Fashion District from the book Quilts Made Modern  by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr. Quilters are great for second guessing their fabrics choices, and of course I'm doing that with this one. If I had it to do over, perhaps I'd use fabrics for the horizontal bricks that aren't quite so - um - "look at me"-ish. Still, I think it's part of the charm of this quilt. I haven't attached the borders yet and haven't decided on a backing, but piecing this top was what I had to do this weekend. Back to sports jerseys...

3 comments:

Carol G said...

Wow, I really like it. Great colors and a nice mix of patterns.

Andie said...

I like it! I think it's modern and yummy. And I'm way into purpley-blues right now, so I'm diggin' this combo of colors.

Z Any Mouse said...

Wow, you're really churning out the baby quilts! I love these fabric choices - the colors and the wild prints. Who says a baby quilt has to be pastel and boring? Not me!