Friday, July 29, 2011

22" Purple Zipper

This 22" purple zipper has been burning a hole in my studio pocket. And while I'm amassing quite a nice little collection of purse and bag patterns, none requires a 22" zipper. So I bought this little pattern and am making the duffel bag. The directions? I don't how they are written and I'm not sure I understand them. They are designed for pre-quilted fabric, which I'm not using. In creating my own quilted fabric, I'm having to follow my instincts, create a lining, and construct this bag the way I see it. I think it's going to work. We'll know by Sunday!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Arathi said...

I am always scared of stitching zippers! I am amazed at the way you sew bags one after the other!! :)

Sew Divertimento said...

How fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Donna said...

Arathi, I'm working my way towards doing a post about zippers. I think I'm finally getting it!

Z Any Mouse said...

I'm looking forward to that post, Donna. I have zipperphobia, only because I like everything to be perfect. I've put zippers in plenty of clothes, but haven't tried them in bags yet (except for a zippered interior pocket which nobody can see). Help!