Monday, July 25, 2011

A Quick Quilt Top

Wow, this went together quickly!  Four strips became a set of 8.  8 strips became a set of 16.  And finally 16 strips became a quilt that has 32 strips.  This quilt top is 70" by 80".  Because I was working with scraps from my stash, I had no idea what size top these strips would finish into.  And the irony?  This top is bigger than the backing fabric, which is what started this particular group of fabrics.

Do I love this?  No.  But I don't hate it either.  Once the back is pieced, this quilt will be a great charity quilt.  It's cheery and definitely colorful.    But I do love this technique.  I am eager to try this again, using a much different set of fabrics.  And this technique will be great at our next quilting retreat in creating some charity projects.

5 comments:

emedoodle said...

You know, these aren't my colors... and I was a little nervous the other day looking at your pile of crazy strips... but all sewn together they look pretty awesome! :)

Carol G said...

Wow, a great project when you need a quilt in a hurry! Looks pretty cool too.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I am definitely going to have to try this one! The video was great - what fun! And it's just what I need - ANOTHER quilt/technique that I want/need to make/try! Thanks, Donna!!
^..^

Z Any Mouse said...

That looks fun, and like it might make a nice table runner pattern also.

raebeth said...

Looks great! Thanks for the credit! Nice way to use the striped stuff. Mine is just staring at me! I'm just trying to visualize it as something pretty, I just don't know what!
I got your applique block for the round robin. Would it be wrong to ask you for advice & fabric to add to your block! Not sure if I'm just kidding!