Monday, August 8, 2011

For the week...

 There's much to do in the next week, but I couldn't think of starting or continuing anything until I fixed my new duffel.  As I was making it, I knew the 1" handles weren't enough.  And as I used it this weekend to travel to the White/Johnson wedding in Mishawaka, my instincts were confirmed.  So I added 3.5" straps and am much happier.  Now on to other things...

I've finally settled on a palette for the Grand Canyon jacket.  My friend/client lives in Racine and wants this jacket for her October European river cruise. I haven't made Morninglory's Town and Country Jacket for a couple of years and am looking forward to this project, even though I have never mastered the collar technique.  Thank goodness for friends with skills!
 The June meeting of the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild was devoted to applique techniques.  I demonstrated fusible raw-edge applique.  Here are three pieces that groups put together using this technique.  I said I would quilt these pieces and bring them in, but I was hoping no one heard me.  But someone did. And asked about these pieces at the last meeting.  So I do want to get these done for the August meeting.

 This one is an odd landscape.  Wonder if any quilting can help this...
 This one shares the same whimsy at the top piece.
When John and I were out west in May, he found these fabric scenes of Yellowstone and bought them.  This piece will hang in the studio bathroom, matching the colors of the walls and towels.  A nice reminder of a lovely trip and a beautiful part of our country.

Gotta go sew!


1 comment:

Carol G said...

Very nice fix on the straps. They don't even look like an afterthought. Can't wait to see the Grand Canyon jacket--beautiful colors.