Saturday, August 13, 2011

Something is different

In fact, I'm surprised you recognize me at all.  My laptop is at the hospital and will be for another few weeks.  The way I carry on you would think I'm working with chisel and stone rather than my husband's computer.  The parts for the Grand Canyon jacket are complete - with this technique it's like making four mini-quilts before constructing the garment.  The collar is all cut out and ready for my sewing genius friend Midge.  I'll have to figure out some way to reward her for her help.

The three appliqued pieces done by fellow quilt guild members at a demo day are quilted and bound and ready for next week's meeting. One piece was echo quilted. Another was stippled. And the dark one is one that i quilted each individual shape. Great practce. If one person expresses interest, they are hers!
Bear with me as I reinvent the blogging wheel - and a whole bunch of other things - on this different computer...


3 comments:

Jen Ben Bry said...

Hey Donna - love how the quilted jacket is coming along, those batiks are gorgeous! What do you think about donating the guild pieces to the Alzheimer's quilt project? They have a max size limit of 9x12 - not sure how big these are. Looking forward to seeing you next weekend!

Donna said...

Brilliant idea!

Carol G said...

Can't wait to see the beautiful jacket when it's finished. I really love the last demo quilt but I agree it should go to a worthy cause.