Saturday, October 8, 2011

62nd Birthday

This morning I walked - 2 miles in 30 minutes - and it was a lovely morning. To be 62 and feel great - what more can I ask for? I think about roommate Dodie, who died when we were 57. It makes me think these last five years have all been a fabulous bonus.

And here's the icing on the cake. I'm working on a project, another vest, that I'm crazy about. AND I got a new Husqvarna, a Sapphire 870 (used, from eBay, excellent condition), to add to my existing cadre of machines - a mechanical Husqvarna Daisy, a computerized Husqvarna 500, and a Husqvarna Sapphire 830.

Monday I'm heading to the Heartland Spa for three days. Both the new machine and the spa visit are with John's blessing. See what I mean about what more can I ask for? I truly do have it all.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Arathi said...

Happy Birthday Donna! :)

Z Any Mouse said...

Happy Birthday! Walking is such great exercise, and will keep you young. What a great find on eBay! I've never thought of buying a machine that way, I'll have to troll around and see what I can find.

Donna said...

Z, I heartily endorse eBay. This machine new is around $2400, and this machine is 4 years old. The person who sold this makes doll clothes and wanted an embroidery machine. This story made sense to me. And it's a guaranteed purchase. I got it for $900. And right after I bought it there was a brand-new on eBay for $800. If you're patient and know exactly what you want, you can get a very fair deal.

Z Any Mouse said...

Wow!