Sunday, October 2, 2011

What a difference a good photo makes

Mary P, the first and former president of the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild, let us know a few months ago about the 100 Days of Modern Quilting project. I submitted 3 of my quilts and got very nice thank-yous for two of them. The third one was "Out of Africa," pictured here. I asked Marc (see his quilts here) to take a photo of "Out of Africa," a quilt I gifted to the Salt Creek Wine Bar in Brookfield. It's where John and I had our birthday party two years ago. Here's the original blog post from two years ago. I love this quilt and think it would be pretty neat if it became a part of the 100 Quilts project!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kelli said...

That is an awesome quilt!!

Z Any Mouse said...

What a beautiful quilt, with great visual impact!

MariƩ said...

The quilt is wonderful warm colours- just like Africa

Marc aka Network XXIII said...

The quilt is hanging in the Party Room at the Salt Creek Wine Bar in Brookfield. I took a few pictures with a little bit different angle and settings just to see how it would turn out. The picture shown (posted) was done without direct flash and used the indoor lighting to capature the picture. Hence the enhanced "warm colors" you see as an effect. Glad to be of service.

ali said...

This is such an interesting design. The fabric is gorgeous. And thanks to Marc for the photo tips in "comments"! Good luck! It looks like a keeper to me.