Saturday, December 10, 2011

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained...


My sewing flurry is over, and everything has been packed. 10 Amazing Technicolor Dream Totes, 4 Red Scrappy Dream Totes, 20 shopping bags a la Morsbags, 30 mini gift bags, 6 envelope purses, 2 MiPad cases, 4 Hobo bags, and a couple of one-of-a-purses. I've never sold my wares at any kind of venue. But tomorrow's event at the LaSalle Street Church seems a good place to start.

And it's only for 10 until 1:30. And one of my favorite people, John's sister Chris, is coming with me.

These little mini-gift bags were a last-minute addition, mostly because I wanted to have something inexpensive on table.

I'm bringing this coat tree to hang things on, and I also have a wonderful poster, thanks to Rich Seidelman, displaying my bags and prices. 
These Amazing Red Scrappy Totes are from something I worked on at my Chicago Modern Quilt Guild's retreat last spring. As I was piecing these scraps together, I never thought of tote bags. But earlier this week it seemed like a brilliant idea! Here's one in process...

Here's to trying something new!

3 comments:

emedoodle said...

Good luck Donna!! Your stuff looks great and I do really love that pieced red! I remember your huge tub of red and thinking "how does someone have so many red scraps??!!" lol. I probably have three red fabrics in my stash!

Carol G said...

Best of luck. Can't wait to hear of your marketing adventure. Your creations look fabulous!

Z Any Mouse said...

Best of luck to you! I hope you sell everything and get orders for more : )