Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Everything's in Process



My studio is a mess.  I have stuff all over the place.I get stuck on something and then begin another. I'm still waiting for the black batik to arrive so I can square off these rectangular blocks and assemble this quilt.











So then I begin something new. This red batik was one I didn't use in the batik quilt, but I love it. And wouldn't you know I have a long black zipper. So a duffel bag is in this works. I'm about to start the zipper and always take a deep breath at this point.







Before I started the red and black duffel I came across two sets of Jinny Beyer's 150 color spectrum and assembled those.  I left my feet in the picture so you can get idea of the length of these strips.  I can't decide what I want to do with these strips - incorporate them into a jacket? make a couple of totes? a wall hanging for the one bit of empty study wall space?  And if these do become a wall hanging, dare I try putting them on a light background rather than a black?





Meanwhile I'm trying to get all my batiks back into the cabinets.  And each piece I touch makes me want to combine it with another and make something. 

I'm lucky to have all this space so I can work on multiple projects.  And you should see what I didn't take pictures of!

5 comments:

Z Any Mouse said...

You could probably squeeze two table runners out of those strips. Table runners are very popular out here in Southern California, and easy to sell.

I don't dare show you a picture of my sewing space mess, but suffice it to say that it would make you feel good about yourself, haha.

Donna said...

Z, a table runner? *raises both eyebrows and is definitely intrigued*

Miss Sews-it-all said...

I love all of those COLORS! That rectangle quilt pattern is awesome, is that one of your designs?

Donna said...

That design is a take-off on something I saw in the Keepsake Quilting catalog, which didn't have any sashing. I too love these colors - this quilt is for my living room!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Those Jinny Beyer strips would make one FABULOUS color wheel quilt - don't you think?? That would cover your wall for sure - and be a ready reference for future quilts. ;))