Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fabric Candy Land

 
This 48" x 30" wall hanging is complete. Tomorrow John will hang it in the studio on the wall above my sewing machine. I'm pleased with it, but this piece was a learning experience. I have learned that when using a white background, any stray threads between the batting and the quilt top will definitely show through the quilting. Next time I'll be more careful. I quilted this with invisible thread - QFF Wayne does it all the time, and I recently heard on Mark Lipinski's Creative Mojo podcast that invisible thread has come a long way. And I was pleased with it! I didn't do any quilting on top of the colored fabrics, only on the background. That may eventually change. But for now I think this piece is complete. These little bars of colored fabric are from Jinny Beyer.

(A word of thanks to readers for their suggestions for my Alzheimer's Quiltlet.  Still waiting to hear from the logo designer and mulling around possibilities before a final blog post.  "Joyful Noise" is my favorite so far.  And I may have to do another quiltlet, one focusing on the piano, and tie that directly to my mother.  Support from readers has been generous, and I'm thankful.)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Miss Sews-it-all said...

This is so wonderful, I love this rainbow quilt! Yes, it is kind of Candyland - I've been playing a lot of that game lately.