Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Scrappy Batik - Finished!

This is my first completed quilt of 2012. Admitting that I work large and dark is the first step, isn't it? This is 91" by 73" and was quilted by T and F Studios using the Baptist Fan design. It's hard to see this design on these batiks, but see if you can spot it some of the pictures below. Washing the quilt helped the quilting pattern pop.  This quilt is for my living room, more specifically my reading corner, where I spend many early mornings.

The back of this quilt is darker than the front.  And my fabric cabinets are a bit more controlled, thanks to this project.




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Josie Ray said...

Utterly beautiful, seemingly irregular design. Gorgeous deep color combinations. It looks stunning with the stained glass. This is going to be a great year for you since you start off this way!

Arathi said...

It looks very beautiful!

Carol G said...

Beautiful finish! It looks lovely on your white sofa and coordinates perfectly with the windows.

Sue R. said...

Beautiful! Looks great with the stained glass windows! Lovely, lovely quilt!