Thursday, March 15, 2012

Angst

Is it this bizarre warm weather? Is it Spring Fever? Is it the clean studio? Whatever the cause, I'm having some quilt angst and cannot decide what I want to work on next. Part of my issue is that I'm on inspiration overload, thanks to the 100 Days of Modern Quilting project. Such fabulous ideas. The Chicago Modern Quilt Guild is having its third retreat the end of this month. And I'm trying to decide what project I want to work on. It can't require massive concentration because there is just too much fun and merriment at these retreats. And it's got to be something modern. So many of the modern quilts are light, and I have a hard time working light. So that's part of the angst. My scrap pile also contributes to this unease I'm feeling. I have so many fabulous scraps and think I should start another scrap project. Yet I want to do something big and bold. So I'm looking through my design books and web site and am just unsettled.

Meanwhile, I make little zippered pouches - for me, for my sister, for anyone who even hints she needs a little zippered pouch.

No comments: