Thursday, March 29, 2012

Creating Shapes

I quilt because I like flat, textured things.  But then I started boxing the corners of tote bags.  And now look at this.  Thanks to Emily and her blog entry just before the retreat (read this last part with sarcasm mixed with gratitude),  I had to try these little boxes.  My first one turned out like a turtle, and Erika of Miss Sews It All assured me that I omitted one simple little step.  And she was right!  These are pretty darn cute and easy.  (and yes, I know I got the little zippered tabs too big and that they look are ears.)  Emily's blog post includes a link to the tutorial as well as another link about size. 

4 comments:

Carol G said...

Very cute. You are such a whiz with zippers. I avoid them like the plague!

Miss Sews-it-all said...

Yes, I agree, VERY cute! ;-)

emedoodle said...

Thanks for the shout out Donna! Your pieced one is fabulous!!

Z Any Mouse said...

Super cute bags!