Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Working and Planning

When I am dithering and trying to decide what to do, sometimes quick short projects are useful.  Here are two Mors bags using fabric given to me by one of John's cousins.  And two little zippered pouches made from leftovers of tote bag fabrics.
Here are two more tote bags, almost completed.  I love constructing these bags on a foundation of Soft and Stable byannie.com. I've got piles of fabric all over the studio for tote bags I want to work on in April
And I know I'm going to do more of these over-the-shoulder totes and already have the fabric picked out. The outgoing president of the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild Beth is getting one of the black-and-white ones, and I'm curious to see how this blue-white striped fabric works with this pattern.

Having finally decided on what to work one at the retreat, I'm getting ready. Here is my inspiration piece, Peace and Comfort, by Jacquie of Tallgrass Prairie Studio. More of this project later as it gets under way!

2 comments:

emedoodle said...

I can't wait to see you progress on that quilt at the retreat! Amazing to think that you'll be bringing one project? hehe... I have at least half a dozen to bring! I'm too ADD to stick to one all weekend!

Sue R. said...

Donna,
You're a bag lady..in a good way!!
Love your work!