Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Pretty Pouch, a Scrappy Tote, and Two Feet

Yesterday I met a junior high/high school classmate whom I haven't seen since we graduated in 1967.  We connected on Facebook a couple of months ago.  It was a wonderful reconnection.  She's as passionate about gardening and knitting as I am about my quilting.  An hour before I left the house I decided to whip up a little zippered pouch for her.
And as I was starting to make some more zippered  scrap batik pouches, it occured to me that I had enough scraps to do one scrappy tote bag - this scrap panel is 14" x 37".  Perhaps the fuchsia batik - or maybe the mulberry - would be good for an accent band.  The two outer parts of a matching zippered pouch are already quilted.
My missing foot is the one of the left - the open-toed free-motion food.  I'm not sure why I like it so much better than the close-toed foot, but I do.  Maybe I'll have to make a pouch for all my little feet.  First thing tomorrow...

1 comment:

emedoodle said...

Donna! I just read this post... and this link might help your FMQ foot problems. It's a link telling you how to modify the plastic foot to work better than the other one! I knew there was a reason for me to see that link! :) http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-fit-your-free-motion-foot.html