Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Therapeutic Totes

 Last week Ann L, a workout buddy, came over and played fabrics with me.  She helped me put together fabric combinations for more totes.  And I happily got started.  I'm sorry the brown bag on the right doesn't photograph better - the fabric is a lovely brown gradated one with the lighter part used as the lining.  You can see a bit of this from the zipper flap and tote.  This greeen/grey print is pretty and parts of a green gradated fabric provide the bands and lining.  The little zippered pouch is one I made for me because I keep giving them away.
I've had this brown/turquoise batik for a while and have paired it with other batiks for contrast strips and lining.   This evening before dinner I worked on this tote - it's all set to be assembled.
And this morning before I left the house to spend most of the day with my parents, I had to make the accompanying zippered pouch. 

As I said, therapeutic sewing...

No comments: