Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Different Kind of Rich Life


 
                                                                                                                                                                     Rich Carey was the Athletic Trainer at LT for years and retired in 2005.  His wife Linda saved all of Rich's t-shirts.  The two of them created this layout.  I was surprised at how involved Rich was in the process.  At one point he looked at this quilt and said. "This is my life."  And it is, one in which he interacted and impacted thousands of students.  My trusted long-armers Terri and Frank did the quilting.  I supervised and added the binding.  This is a 60" x 80" wall hanging.  Credit goes to Linda for being the project's impetus!

photo.JPG

PS - I don't often get a picture of a gift quilt when it's given to the recipient, but here's a very happy Rich. Nice!

2 comments:

Z Any Mouse said...

It looks great and the layout is very nice. I'm slowly inching toward making a t-shirt quilt myself. I've got all the t-shirts, and it's next in line once I finish the big green quilt I'm working on (top is done!).

Z Any Mouse said...

Oops, forgot to sign up for follow-up comments.