Monday, May 21, 2012

A Quiltmaker's Gift

I know why I love the quilters of the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild. They are creative and generous. With generosity stronger than creativity. And this is one creative group of women. Yesterday's meeting acknowledged the outgoing guild officers with Tote Bags featured the CMQG logo. I knew about these bags, including the one for me, and this was no surprise. What was a surprise was this pillow. Terri, the head of our Programming Committee, made 4 pillows - one for President Beth, Treasurer Jen, fellow Programming Committee member Sue, and me. It's beautiful and goes so nicely with a new chair. Today I am binding two quilts that Terri and her husband Frank have long-armed - I'll post about these quilts in a day or two. Terri and Frank's quilting skills are fabulous. It's good to know talented and generous people!

No comments: