Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Rich Life


 http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-40258611477147_2210_1491281
 Isn't this beautiful?  It's one of the art quilts submitted to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative by my Chicago Modern Quilt Guild.  Eileen O'Regan made it.  Here's her artistic statement that accompanies this quilt:   I was thinking about the vibrancy of life and how Alzheimer's slowly fades the edges of that life. 

I bought this quilt yesterday because I am so moved by its beauty and the truth.  Of course I apply this fading vibrancy to my mom.  She once was so vibrant and has now faded into what is the very dark left edge of this quilt.  When I look at this quilt and its bright center and light right side, perhaps it'll help me focus on who my mom was and accept who she is now. 

4 comments:

Carol G said...

What a beautiful way to portray the losses we must accept as we move through our lives. I hope it brings you much comfort.

emedoodle said...

Aww. That's such a sweet way of looking at it! :)

Sue R. said...

That's beautiful, Donna. Lovely quilt and statement, Eileen.

Eileen said...

Donna, I'm so glad that the quilt touched you. I'm glad you have it.