Sunday, May 27, 2012

Up for Auction


http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-40258611477147_2210_2233668
Joyful Noise, the art quilt I made for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative will be up for auction starting June 1.   I'm honored that out of all the quilts submitted in the past month, mine is one of 30 for the monthly auction. 

My guild has its own page of quilts. Look at them. Several of them have been purchased, mostly by another another. Sarah S bought Holly's, Ebony bought Jacquie's and Sue's and Emily's. I had to buy Eileen's. The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative is a grass-roots fundraiser, headed by Ami Simms. What she's making us so painfully aware of is how pervasive this disease it and how much attention, research, and funding is needed.

Tomorrow is my 30th Wedding Anniversary. John and I are going to the Canadian Rockies for a week. I think it'll be a great place to clear out some cobwebs, look for inspiration, and recharge for what is to be.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I didn't know the trip was for your anniversary! Congratulations! My 30th is in July but I don't think I'm getting such a great trip out of it. We did go to the Canadian Rockies once as a family and it was one of my favorite all time trips. Took the train from Vancouver to Banff, all of it incredibly beautiful! Have a great time.

emedoodle said...

Congrats! It's great to see that our quilts are selling! I can't wait to see what yours goes for - surely a lot! It's fabulous! Have a fun trip!

Arathi said...

Congratulations Donna for making it to the top 30 and Happy 30th Anniversary! :)