Thursday, June 14, 2012

New Project Takes Shape

In Jasper, Alberta, there was a charming quilt shop, Stytchen Thyme. And of course I had to buy something there. The US is where almost all quilt stuff comes from. So the best I could do is buy something that "reads" Canadian Rockies. I bought a jelly roll of fabrics by Moda (which interestingly enough was manufactured in South Korea). Then the creative angst of what to do with this began. Finally I decided to pattern this new project after the cover photo on Quilts Made Modern by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr. Their quilt is Sea Glass - mine will be Rocky Woods. My sense of proportion isn't fine-tuned, and I'm really leaning heavily on these directions. This project will also be a continuation of my attempt to work light - the background for these rich colors is a Kona bone or white - still to be determined. It always feels good to get a project underway!

No comments: